How to email a database? Syntax ...

Thread: How to email a database? Syntax ...

Default How to email a database? Syntax ...

Hello, I always forget the syntax in cdonts to email the database.<BR><BR>The column &#039email&#039 in a database I want as the &#039to&#039 field in cdonts.<BR><BR>I know cdonts well and I do NOT need to read an article on that. If I declare a variable<BR><BR>dim strTo<BR>strTo=(request.recordset)...<BR><BR>I know that is NOT correct syntax THAT is the question. If I was emailing the email sent form a form, I would do<BR>strTo=Request("email")<BR><BR>But when I want to email ONLY the email addys in my database with the column email, in the database. blah.mdb with the table visitors, what do I put in the <BR>strTo= ?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help....<BR><BR>

Rahul Guest

Default RE: How to email a database? Syntax ...

con = server.createobject("adodb.connection")<BR><BR>con .open "blah..blah..."<BR><BR>rst = server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR><BR>rst. open "select * from tblMail", con, adOpenDynamic<BR><BR>strTo = rst("fldMailAddress")<BR><BR>

Default Doesn't somehting missing?

I use cdonts.<BR><BR>Why can&#039t I just do the database connection above and set the strTo(the to field for email) with cdonts,and have it work?<BR><BR>I get an error with str in that code....<BR><BR>Thanks but I cant get this to work.