VBScript and Access 97

Thread: VBScript and Access 97

Manesh Guest

Default VBScript and Access 97

Has anyone ever come across the error <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Operation must use an updatable query. <BR><BR>I have setup a ODBC connection on my machine to connect to an Access 97 DB sitting with my ASP code on the server. I can do Select statements on the database, but i keep on getting the error mentioned above when i&#039m trying to insert data. <BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: VBScript and Access 97

Make sure your permissions on your server are set for read/write and not only read. If set for read only you will be able to select and view the data but not write to or update the data.

Manesh Guest

Default RE: VBScript and Access 97

The permissions on the server are set for Read/Write. The following is the code that i&#039m using to do the insert:<BR><BR>Set objRecordset = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>StrSQl = "INSERT INTO Books " _ <BR> & "(ISBN,Title,Author,DatePurchased,DatePublished,"_ <BR> & " Description, Category, PhysicalLocation)" _<BR> & " VALUES ("&fISBN&",&#039"&fTitle&"&#039,&#039"&fAuthor&"&# 039,&#039"&fDatePurch&"&#039,&#039"&fDatePublish&" &#039,"_<BR> & " &#039"&fDescription&"&#039, &#039"&fCategory&"&#039, &#039"&fPhysicalLocation&"&#039)"<BR>objRecordset. Open StrSQL, DB_CONNECTIONSTRING<BR>objRecordset.Close<BR>Set objRecordset = nothing<BR>Response.Write("One Record Has Been Successfully Added")<BR><BR>Can i do it like that and if so, where i use the open statement, do i need anymore variables after the variable DB_CONNECTIONSTRING ?<BR><BR>Let me know ASAP<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>Manesh