passing recordset values to the client during a lo

Thread: passing recordset values to the client during a lo

Default passing recordset values to the client during a lo

Folks, I could really use some help.<BR><BR>I am reading a delimited text file using ADODB:<BR><BR>[code language="VBScript"]<BR>Dim sql<BR>sql = "SELECT musher,time,lon,lat FROM mushers.csv"<BR>set results = conn.execute(sql)<BR><BR>[...]<BR><BR>Do While Not results.EOF<BR> xCoordinate = results("lon")<BR> yCoordinate = results("lat")<BR> racerName = results("musher")<BR> racerNameTime = results("musher") & " - " & results("time")<BR> results.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>[/code]<BR><BR>The problem is that I need to perform client side actions based on xCoordinate, yCoordinate, racerName, racerNameTime. Those actions can only be performed client side, because they control objects that only exist client side.<BR><BR>Meaning I have a Windows application that displays labels over a map, and I can change the position of the labels using VBScript and the API the application supplied.<BR><BR>All I need to do is be able to pass the above values to the client for each iteration of the loop. I would think that this is a simple concept that many people would use on a daily basis, but I have been unable to find a solution to my problem.<BR><BR>Please help if you can, much appreciated.

Default RE: passing recordset values to the client during

How do you need them client side?<BR><BR>Meaning what/where are you passing them to and what with?<BR><BR>Maybe you can build a client side array, and use that array to pass the data as needed?<BR><BR>Do you need to itterate that full csv file?<BR>Can you not pass the name in the where clause to only return exactly what you need?<BR><BR>Maybe show more code on that page showing where you query the csv, as well as some of the code for your app...<BR><BR>just so we can better understand what you need to do.