email replies

Thread: email replies

Default email replies

how can I code my email coding using SMTP to reply to specific email address instead of the one that I used for sending it. For instance, I used admin@gmail.com at the sending field and the user will know that the email is from admin@gmail.com. But when the user hit replies button it will reply to say, user@gmail.com. Is it possible??

Default RE: email replies

Hi mustaine, <BR><BR>First, this is an interesting site about SMTP:<BR><BR>http://www.piclist.com/techref/inet/smtpsend.htm<BR><BR>Now, depending on what system is actually sending your smtp email (ie CDONTS, ASPEmail etc) the way to do this will differ.<BR><BR>If, for instance, you are using Persits ASPEmail you would use the AddReplyTo method as follows:<BR><BR>[code language="VBSCRIPT"]<BR>Set Mail = New MailSender<BR>Mail.Host = "smtp.myserver.com"<BR>Mail.Port = 25 &#039;optional<BR>Mail.From = "admin@gmail.com"<BR>Mail.FromName = "Your Name Goes Here" &#039; optional<BR>Mail.AddReplyTo = "replyemail@gmail.com Firstname Lastname"<BR>Mail.AddAddress "&#060;email to send to&#062;"<BR>Mail.AddCC "&#060;email CC&#062;"<BR>Mail.Subject = "Hi"<BR>Mail.Body = "Body"<BR>&#039; if body is HTML then add<BR>&#039; Mail.IsHTML = True<BR>On Error Resume Next<BR>Mail.Send<BR>If Err &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR> Response.Write "An error occured: " & Err.Description<BR>End If<BR>[/code]<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Ranz

when i add the addreplyto and addaddress it returns me this error:<BR>Object doesn&#039;t support this property or method<BR>any other suggestion do you have in hand?

sorry, I use CDONTS for email delivery..so any suggestions?

Default Nevermind

nevermind I&#039;ve solved this already.Thanks anyway