Word and Excel Documents in IE

Thread: Word and Excel Documents in IE

Default Word and Excel Documents in IE

I am working on database containing various documents.<BR><BR>Once opening Word or Excel documents, IE opens it in IE window insted opening in Word or Excel. Netscape opens it in Word, or Excel.<BR><BR>How do I deactivate IE&#039s plug in?<BR>Any idea will be apprechiated!<BR>stevang@mail.com

KPW Guest

Default RE: Word and Excel Documents in IE

Isn&#039t this a wonderful "feature"? I love how Microsoft doesn&#039t give us the choice of whether we would like to open it right in the browser or in the actual application.<BR><BR>One thing that you may not be aware of that you might want to try -- when the Word/Excel doc opens in IE, a "Tools" button should appear on the toolbar. (Note that this only happens if the doc opens in a full window; it won&#039t work in a frame.) The button has a wrench and a hammer on it. If you click this button, it toggles the Office application&#039s toolbars on and off. It&#039s virtually the same as working in the Office application separately.<BR><BR>I know this isn&#039t the real answer to your question. Unfortunately, I seem to remember reading once that it is not possible to change a setting and make Office docs appear in the Office app rather than in IE.

Default RE: Word and Excel Documents in IE

What can I say, I love Microsoft...