Need Help with solution for Remote Database Authen

Thread: Need Help with solution for Remote Database Authen

Default Need Help with solution for Remote Database Authen

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m working on a project where we have local database application, but we have to authenticate users from a table that is stored on a server in another location and that is being used in conjunction with several other database applications. We do have some permissions on the remote server.<BR><BR>We need to authenticate and pull user data from a couple of tables in the users.mdb file on the remote server. One of my colleauges tried to write a web service residing on the remote server, but this isn&#039;t working out, we&#039;re getting a busy/unsucesfull connection status most of the time. I&#039;m prety clueless as I am more of a unix developer and not sure what range of opitons are possible in the windows server world and was hoping someone here would be able to suggest a solution.<BR><BR>One thought (very kludgey) was to mirror the remote uers.mdb file on our server - I&#039;ve done this with unix systems but not windows servers and do not know if it is even possible.<BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks - Mark @ Michigan State<BR>

Default Truly, the web service route..

.. is the way to go. Heck, you can even skip some of the formality and go with a simple XML request/response scheme.