permssion to access database

Thread: permssion to access database

Default permssion to access database

Hi, I have the database in one driver(D:/) and the asp in another (C:/ ); they are both in the same machine.<BR>When the asp files access the database, it gives this error. I guess i need to give permission to access the <BR>driver, but don&#039t know how. Can anyone please help.<BR>Ken<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. <BR>It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>

Default RE: permssion to access database

Several things might help:<BR>1.) check whether current user have NT access privilege for database file;<BR>2.) check whether ODBC connection is OK;<BR>3.) you might wish to change connection object parameters, for instance if you use Access database you might open database as Admninistrator:<BR> conn.open "database_OBDC_name", "Admin", ""<BR>(if you haven&#039t assign password for Access Administrator),<BR>for SQL Server you will use "sa".<BR>4.) My experience says, once dealing with NT Securty Flags, reboot computer afterward.<BR> <BR>Now, as far as security is concerned, if you set NT security properly, you need not to worry about giving full database access to Web User. You will limit it in ASP and NT. That will do just fine. Of course, later on you might wish to work around database accounts and security which would make the whole security system even better.<BR><BR>Let me know if you have problems with this. stevang@mail.com