VBS remote connection to Oracle problem

Thread: VBS remote connection to Oracle problem

Default VBS remote connection to Oracle problem

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;m trying to connect to a remote Oracle Database from a .vbs file, and have not done this before. So far I have discovered you need the Oracle Client on the machine this file will run from (if this is not true please advise on a way to do it without). I have the tnsnames.ora file and can connect through sql plus so know it&#039;s working there. Here is the connection string I am trying to use:<BR><BR>DB.Open ("Provider=msdaora;Data Source=TNSNAME;User Id=Username;Password=password;")<BR><BR>The error I receive is ORA-00904: "Computername": invalid identifier<BR><BR>The Computername is my computers assigned name. When I searched for this error I could not find something similar to what problem I seem to be experiencing.<BR><BR>Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.<BR>

Default This doesn't like a connectivity

problem to me. Rather it is an issue with the SQL statement you are trying to execute.<BR><BR>Here do a quick test, you said you could connect using SQL*Plus, so log in using SQL*Plus and try executing the EXACT same SQL statement you were using in the .vbs file.<BR><BR>What happens? Also, show me the statement. ; )