emailing a database generated password out of asp

Thread: emailing a database generated password out of asp

Default emailing a database generated password out of asp

I have conquered sending an email out of an asp page utilizing CDONTS. It works great!<BR><BR>Here is my question, I want to email a password out of my database. <BR>Here is basic operation I want to happen<BR>-Customer fills out registration form and clicks submit<BR>-asp page processes form and enters customer data into database (already know how to do that)<BR>-Database has a autonumber field in it so that when the customer info is added then it gives a number<BR>-The same asp page prepares to send an email grabbing the email address off of the form (already know how to do that)<BR>-in the body of the email there is code written that goes to the database and pulls that autonumber for that particlar customer and inserts it into the body of email(THIS IS WHAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO)<BR>Any help? Thanks!

Default There is an ASP FAQ

that tells you how to pull the identity or auto-number you just entered via your page.

Default RE: There is an ASP FAQ

Could you link me to it? I dont see it.

I believe this is the FAQ he was refering to:<BR><BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=79

Thanks for the info!