Anyone seen anything like this before?

Thread: Anyone seen anything like this before?

Default Anyone seen anything like this before?

Looking at my norton firewall log files<BR><BR>Every time I open a new browser window, The first entry pulled is this file<BR><BR><BR><BR>I know this is not my Ip address (Starts with 24.)<BR>And I cant do a tracert on it...<BR><BR>I downloaded the file and this is what it contains...<BR>Nothing else...<BR><BR>function FindProxyForURL(url, host)<BR>{<BR>if (shExpMatch(host, "")&#124&#124<BR> shExpMatch(host, "")&#124&#124<BR> shExpMatch(host, "v4.windowsupdate.*")&#124&#124<BR> shExpMatch(url, "*")&#124&#124<BR> shExpMatch(url, "*")&#124&#124<BR> shExpMatch(host, "windowsupdate.*"))<BR> <BR> return "DIRECT";<BR><BR>if (url.substring(0, 5) == "http:" &#124&#124 url.substring(0, 4) == "ftp:") return "PROXY cache:8080; DIRECT";<BR><BR>return "DIRECT";<BR><BR>}<BR><BR><BR>Im presuming its from my cable hosing company...<BR>Anyone familliar with this, and know whats being done??<BR><BR>Im baffled.<BR>

Default Well...

the URL shown is the Toronto MLS real estate system site....tho why that&#039;d be there is beyond me. I also run a cable link here just outside of Toronto, and my own cable co has proxies on accounts as well. Did you open up your browser and go to Tools &#062; Options &#062; Conncections &#062; LAN Settings and see if somehow your proxy was set for your browser in a &#039;drive-by&#039; proxy grab from a site you visited? If so, uncheck the Use Proxy Server checkbox..and OK out of the boxes...that will kill the use of that proxy....<BR><BR>Also, I sometimes DO have to call my cable co to complain about the speed at which their DNS servers might have to do same?<BR><BR>Jim

San Salvador

Default RE: Anyone seen anything like this before?

Maybe...<BR><BR>The Antichrist is pulling his strings into your P.C.<BR><BR>Don&#039;t get affraid the poisoner has the cure, so its your choice to drink or not, remember the blue pill in the Matrix...