Session Variables

Thread: Session Variables

Default Session Variables

Hi Guys,<BR><BR>I am trying to set a session variable with either :<BR><BR>Response.Cookies("HoldUserId")("UserId") = UserId <BR>Or<BR>Session("UserId") = UserId<BR><BR>UserId definately contains a value.<BR><BR>But when I navigate to a new page I can not get the session variables Value. I am using :<BR><BR>Label1.Text = Response.Cookies("HoldUserId")("UserId")<BR>Or<BR> Label1.Text = Session("UserId") <BR><BR>but Label1.text does not contain anything.<BR><BR>What am I doing wrong?<BR><BR>Your help is appreciated.<BR><BR>Best Regards,<BR><BR>Steve Wilson. <BR>

Default RE: Session Variables

It should be:<BR>Label1.Text = Request.Cookies("HoldUserId")("UserId")<BR><BR><BR>If you response.write the session value just after you assign it,does it show anything?ie.:If you do<BR><BR>Session("UserId") = UserId<BR>Response.write "Debug:UserId="&UserId<BR>Response.write "Debug:Session="&Session("UserId") <BR><BR>Do you see the value displayed?<BR><BR>

Default cookie

as far as the cookie goes, you need to use Request.Cookies to retrieve the value and Reponse.Cookies to write it.