retrieving image thru sql using asp

Thread: retrieving image thru sql using asp

jitin narula Guest

Default retrieving image thru sql using asp

Retrieving image from sql thru asp (From the ASP Q & A Forum)<BR>i have a database in sql7.0 ,one of the field name is itempicturefile in that i have given the name of the image like abc.gif. Now i want to retreive this picture, which i have saved under the same folder as of asp files . As in the case of search engine we r putting the linked name mentioned in the database and along with that i want to show the image as well .<BR>pls help asap.<BR><BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>

Default RE: retrieving image thru sql using asp

If I understand correctly, all you want to do is to be able to read an image from the disk, in order to display it. There&#039s come bad news here in that you can&#039t do it without a Component, such as Software Artisan&#039s File Manager. The reason is that there is no Binary Read in ASP, only a Binary Write.<BR><BR>An alternative is to store the images as blobs in the database, and then you can retrieve the file with an sql statement, and use Response.BinaryWrite to output it.<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>Paul.