Win Form Browsers?

Thread: Win Form Browsers?

Default Win Form Browsers?

Hello,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve recently been asked to give an estimate on building an app that will be used in on-road sales demonstrations. This app needs to mimic my company&#039;s existing web application. They don&#039;t want to use the actual web app in these demos for fear of displaying actual client data, not to mention their paranoia of getting their web server hacked.<BR><BR>This app will be taken to each prospective client via a CD-ROM, independent of any internet connection.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve considered writing the entire thing in JavaScript where all the data retrieved from the web forms would be stored in a non-viewable data frame within an extensive frameset. This could easily mimic my client&#039;s existing app but would not hold onto the data.<BR><BR>What I&#039;m wondering and haven&#039;t been able to find an answer to, is whether or not I could build an app using ASP.NET (ie.C#) to mimic the existing app. <BR><BR>What I need to know is:<BR>1. Can I build a win forms application that exclusively uses IE5.0 or better? No win forms would be used at all.<BR>2. If I can actually build this app, would I be able to use a local copy of MS Access 2000 (since this needs to be portable) to store the data?<BR>3. Does the computer running the demo CD-ROM need to have the .NET framework installed on it?<BR>4. Are there any books, whitepapers, articles, or websites out there with information pertaining to this subject?<BR><BR>Any information that you can provide is GREATLY appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Default RE: Win Form Browsers?

What was the web app written in? ASP,<BR>What database houses the real data? SQL, Access?<BR>Is the CD that you will have going to run on your laptop that you will bring or is it intended to be given to the client to use on his own computer?