Find Error with Include page

Thread: Find Error with Include page

Default Find Error with Include page

Hello, <BR><BR>Please note that I have include pages within the coding. When I get an error displaying the line number that contains the error, it does not count the include page lines.<BR><BR>I have a website using asp on most pages. I use FrontPage 2000 <BR>I do have some javascript on the page. <BR><BR>I get the following error <BR><BR>Line 240 <BR>Char 1 <BR>Error Object expected <BR>Code 0 <BR>URL (url)pvwAEO.htm <BR><BR>As there are include pages, how do I determine which line causes the error? <BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Dave

Default RE: Find Error with Include page

when you have the main page open in frontpage, doesn&#039;t it just show your includes as &#060;!--#include file="include_page.htm" --&#062;, not the actual code to the include file w/in the main page? <BR><BR>if so... line 240 is the line number in the main page. your include code is treated as a line in the main page... <BR><BR>for instance..<BR><BR>line 1: &#060;html&#062;<BR>line 2: &#060;body&#062;<BR>line 3: here is some text:<BR>line 4: &#060;!--#include file="include_page.htm" --&#062;<BR>line 5: &#060;/body&#062;<BR>line 6: &#060;/html&#062;

Default Don't believe so

I thought the lines in the include file are added into the count. So subtract the number of lines from the end file from that number and then go into your main document and that should be the line :)