I am working on an application that requires a user to login, and I want to keep the login saved. I&#039;ve tried using both cookies and session state to hold this info, and have been having little luck either way. <BR><BR>Basically, I see the session expiring after 10-15 minutes of idle time, and an error is generated that the user isn&#039;t logged in.<BR><BR>My Web.Config file is set up like this:<BR>&#060;configuration&#062;<BR> &#060;system.web&#062;<BR> &#060;sessionState timeout="800" /&#062;<BR> &#060;/system.web&#062;<BR>&#060;/configuration&#062;<BR><BR>And on most pages, I have something like this built into the code:<BR>Dim cookie as HttpCookie<BR> Cookie = New HttpCookie("UserInformation")<BR> <BR> Dim userID as String = Session("UserID").ToString()<BR> dim atsRepLogged as String<BR> <BR> atsConn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/data/ats_database.mdb"))<BR> <BR> cmdGetUserInfo = new OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM RepIDs WHERE RepIDs.userid =&#039;" & userID & "&#039;", atsConn)<BR><BR>The session is set at login to the userID, and that is all I am passing through the session. Periodically, when a user follows a link that goes to a new page, the session may drop and generate an error.