building a small simple document/links repository

Thread: building a small simple document/links repository

Default building a small simple document/links repository

not sure where to start so i&#039;ll start here and see where you direct me. we would like to build a document repository on<BR>one of our servers. sorta like a small website acting like a small library of links to local docs and offsite information sites for in house users. if users uploaded doc&#039;s to this server&#039;s dir(s) then a web page that lists all these docs would be auto updated with a link to the doc. not sure what tools, etc., are available to do something like this. any ideas with MS products, scripting, 3rd party products that managea doc repository like this? any ideas, links to products, etc are most welcome. thanks.<BR>

Default for you files loop through the dir using fso

Hello for your files just loop through the Direcroy using the fileSystem object and generate your links See FAQ&#039;S and FSO<BR><BR>Quick example:<BR>&#060;%<BR>MyDir = "C:inetpubwwwMyFiles\" &#039;&#039; change to your folder Path<BR>MyExt = ".doc" &#039;&#039; change to your file extension i.e .xls<BR> Dim objFSO<BR> Set objFSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")< BR><BR> Dim objFolder<BR> Set objFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(MyDir)<BR> Dim objFile<BR> For Each objFile in objFolder.Files<BR> if lcase(Right(ObjFile.Path, 4)) = Myext then <BR><BR>Response.write("&#060;a href="&objFile.Path&"&#062;"&objfile.Name&"&#060;/a&#062;")<BR>&#039;&#039; not sure on the path <BR><BR>End if<BR>Next<BR>%&#062;