How to implement a search in ASP.NET

Thread: How to implement a search in ASP.NET

Default How to implement a search in ASP.NET

Hi All, <BR><BR>I want to search for usernames . I want to use a lookup table for searching all names as I type each word. (the lookup should popup when i type displaying all the corresponding info with the full name)<BR><BR>Example: <BR><BR>If I type the letter A, it should display all names in the lookup table beginning with A. And when I type An it should give all names with An(like Andrew, Ann,etc). <BR><BR>The lookup table should also give me the user ID. ( database has a table which has the username and userID, both these values should be returned when seacrching for the username)<BR><BR><BR>Please show an example in Vb.NET or give me a link which has a similar solution<BR><BR><BR><BR>Thanks and regards, <BR>lis <BR> <BR>

Default RE: How to implement a search in ASP.NET

Hi,<BR><BR>I did something similar in ASP but used a javaScript solution, this simply had an array of the towns (usernames in your case) which were then filtered, it works on the whole but I think can be improved.<BR><BR>To see it in action the site is (still in development):<BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Tim