Need help with this error

Thread: Need help with this error

Default Need help with this error

I have received 2 reports of the following VBScript runtime error:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039;800a0007&#039;<BR>Out of memory<BR><BR>/inc/xyz.asp, line 9<BR><BR>That particular line of code executes the following line:<BR>Redim Cart(8,total-1)<BR><BR>However, I cannot reproduce such error. Out of thousands of visitors per day, this only happens to a few of my visitors. I suspect there are actually more people who get this error, and only 2 reported it.<BR><BR>Anybody has any experience in this? Thank you in advance.

Default RE: Need help with this error

I don&#039;t want to sound like I&#039;m preaching the obvious, but:<BR>1) What&#039;s the current status of your server? What&#039;re the max memory usage and current memory usage figures? What about at peak load?<BR>2) Can your server have its memory increased? Virtual (not best, but could help)?<BR><BR>However, "Out of memory" could be a red herring when it comes to number of visitors. Are you sure that that section of code isn&#039;t being repeatedly executed? So it&#039;s continually redim-ing the array larger and larger until it runs out of memory? In certain conditions?<BR><BR>If something like the above is the problem, then putting more RAM in may not actually solve the issue.<BR><BR>Craig.