I am trying to move some .asp pages from one server to another and cannot figure out a connection string that works on the new server. I&#039;ve tried hundreds of different ways. I followed one of your articles about how to figure out your connection string by creating a .udl file and dragging it into Notepad and got a lovely string that looked kinda like this:<BR>"Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=mypassword; User ID=myuserid;Initial Catalog=mydatabasename;Data Source=1xx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (Data Source is an IP address of the server, apparently nobody knows the name). When I test the .udl file, it works great so I was sure I was almost home. But I still get the same error when I put the page on the server: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039;80004005&#039; [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied." I know all the parameters are correct and the database exists and the password and id have access and the .udl file works and I can open it in SQL Enterprise Manager with those parameters. So is it a syntax problem? I&#039;ve tried both Provider=SQLOLEDB.1 and SQLOLEDB. Is it a problem with using the IP address in place of a server name? Does anybody have any suggestions?