Updating a record

Thread: Updating a record

Default Updating a record

Hi,<BR><BR>Can somebody help me please? I would like to edit information in the forms.<BR><BR>What i am doing now is trying to retrieve info from the record and put those info into the forms and want to update and save it back to the record.<BR><BR>So far, things look fine but while trying to update, i got an error saying :<BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E09)<BR>Cannot update. Database or object is read-only<BR><BR>I suspect that on my edit save file, i have done something wrong. But i don&#039;t know what exactly. Here is what i have done<BR>&#060;% <BR> rsQuery.Open "Countries", dcnDB, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic<BR> <BR> rsQuery.AddNew<BR> rsQuery("Req") = Request.Form("req")<BR> rsQuery.Update <BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I guess that i am trying to insert as a new one instead of updating. Well nevermind. I don&#039;t know exactly.<BR><BR>Can somebody help me please?<BR><BR>Thanks in advances<BR>

Default RE: Updating a record

Looks like Permission issues or the Access database has somehow been set to ReadOnly. Right click the file and make sure Read-Only isnt checked.<BR><BR>Then we can continue with Update/Inserting of Records

Default With XP Pro...

...right clicking the file and looking for ReadOnly isn&#039;t sufficient. It&#039;s quite possible that the file is set to read only for *YOUR* account (the one you are using to do the checking) but is Read/Write for the IIS account. [Okay, it&#039;s unlikely, but it is possible.] <BR><BR>But more importantly, even if it is *NOT* ReadOnly for YOUR account, it can be (and often is!) ReadOnly for the IIS account.<BR><BR>So look here:<BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=107