Runtime Error

Thread: Runtime Error

Ali Ahmad H Guest

Default Runtime Error

I have the simple script who connected to the SQL Server, here is my connection script:<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>dim gdbConnect, rsview<BR>SET gdbConnect=server.createobject("adodb.connection") <BR>set rsview=server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>g dbConnect.connectionstring="Provider=SQLOLEDB; data source=online; database=DBSiswa; User ID=ali; password=password;"<BR><BR>set rsview=gdbConnect.execute("SELECT * from coba")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>but, when i try to akses via browser, i get an error message like this:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a0e78&#039 <BR><BR>Unknown runtime error <BR><BR>/temp/simple/view.asp, line 8 <BR><BR>can anyone help me ? what should i do with my script ?<BR>thanks

yvo volders Guest

Default RE: Runtime Error

I&#039m not shure about the &#039User ID&#039. I always use &#039..UID=Ali;PWD=password..&#039.<BR><BR>Otherwi se I put the userid in the ODBC-settings. This hides the password en username from the scripts, in case someone can read the asp as pure text, e.g. someones deletes the execute-flag on the directory.<BR><BR>This is what I write :<BR><BR> myDb = server.createObject("ADODB.connection");<BR>"DsnName");<BR><BR><BR>I hope this helped you any further.<BR><BR>Yvo<BR><BR>