Please help me with connection error

Thread: Please help me with connection error

Default Please help me with connection error

Looking at the following code, can anyone tell me why I get the error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e10&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1. <BR>/pbaylis/content_banks_update1.asp, line 22 <BR><BR><BR>&#060;body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"&#062;<BR>&#060;center&#062;<BR>& #060;%<BR> ID = request.querystring("ID")<BR><BR>set rs=Server.CreateObject("adodb.Recordset")<BR> Conn="Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=f:siteswww7pbaylisdbchinatown2.mdb"<BR> sqlstmt = "SELECT * from content_banks WHERE ID=" & ID<BR> sqlstmt, Conn &#039ERROR ON THIS LINE!!<BR><BR> &#039 now get all the variables from the database<BR>ID = request.form("ID")<BR> Name = request.form("content_banks_name")<BR> Post = request.form("content_banks_postal")<BR> Address = request.form("content_banks_add1")<BR> Suburb = request.form("content_banks_suburb")<BR> City = request.form("content_banks_city")<BR> Country = request.form("content_banks_country")<BR> Phone1 = request.form("content_banks_phone1")<BR> Phone2 = request.form("content_banks_phone_overseas")<BR> Fax = request.form("content_banks_fax")<BR> Email = request.form("content_banks_email")<BR> Website = request.form("content_banks_url")<BR> Description = request.form("content_banks_description")<BR><BR> %&#062;<BR>

Jimmy Wang Guest

Default RE: Please help me with connection error

1. your error message says it can&#039t find eother a table called "content_banks" or a field called "Id&#039" within that table. So check your spelling, are they match?<BR>2. another thing:<BR>you stated that, <BR>&#039 now get all the variables from the database<BR>ID = request.form("ID")<BR>...<BR><BR>request.form is form collection not recordset collection. Simply put, your rs will return NOTHING!! change request.form to rs and run it. If it still give you error, then check your spelling on every field name that are used in your rs collection.<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default THANKYOU!

Thanks, my friend. I made an error naming the database field to be queried. I couldn&#039t understand the error message, but you cleared it up. Thanks again!