Creating a Poll

Thread: Creating a Poll

Default Creating a Poll

How do you insert a asp poll into a HTML or ASP Page? When I do try to insert the poll for some reason only the code for the poll shows and the code after the poll. I am not sure why I cannot embed the poll into a HTML page

Default So you aren't running ASP...

Either:<BR><BR>(1) You didn&#039;t name the file with a ".asp" extension.<BR>or<BR>(2) Your server doesn&#039;t support ASP. (WinXP Home edition does not, for example. In general, Linux and Unix don&#039;t, though SunSoft has a server that will.)<BR>or<BR>(3) You aren&#039;t addressing the page *AS* a web page. If this is on your own machine, you need to use the URL<BR> http://localhost/someName.asp<BR><BR>********<BR><BR>Have you ever successfully gotten *ANY* ASP page to work? If not, then try the very simplest of possible pages.<BR><BR>**** SIMPLE.ASP *****<BR>&#060;HTML&#062;&#060;BODY&#062;<BR>&#060 ;%= "Hello from ASP at " & Time() %&#062;<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR>*********************<BR><BR>If you can&#039;t get that to work, then you&#039;ll have to figure out why from the 3 reasons (and there could be more) above.<BR><BR>