Capturing previous HTTP_REFERER

Thread: Capturing previous HTTP_REFERER

Default Capturing previous HTTP_REFERER

Scenario:<BR>I have a form that I use to submit feedback to a database. The form can be called from any number of pages and I track the page that has opened the form using the server variable, HTTP_REFERER. A user does have the option of submitting multiple feedback messages by filling out the form multiple times and clicking submit for each (there are different categories that can be chosen on the form itself that make this obvious). <BR><BR>The problem is that on submissions after the first, HTTP_REFERER no longer refers to the original opener but to the feedback page (since the user returns to the feedback page) . How can I capture and keep the original HTTP_REFERER?<BR><BR>I have tried this:<BR><BR>strScreenID = Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER")<BR>if (strScreenID &#060;&#062; "feedback_v2-1") then<BR>Session("strStatic") = strScreenID<BR>end if<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>if ((strScreenID = "feedback_v2-1") or isNull(strScreenID)) then<BR>strScreenID = strStatic<BR>end if<BR><BR>but it doesn&#039;t work.<BR><BR>Any help? (Cookies are enabled)<BR>

Default Capture it once...

And then store it in a session variable.<BR><BR>And if you discover that the referer is the feedback page, don&#039;t overwrite the stored value.<BR><BR>