CreateObject Problem in ASP

Thread: CreateObject Problem in ASP

Default CreateObject Problem in ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>I am trying to access a database that has been created in MS Access using ASP. I am not able to create the database object using the Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"). I get the following error<BR> ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039 <BR><BR> ADO could not find the specified provider. <BR><BR>on this particular line <BR> <BR> Set dbconn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> <BR>I have created an ODBC "System DSN" reference to the particualar database. I am using IIS and cannot figure out what the problem could be. I have installed all the database components available along with IIS. <BR><BR>Could anybody help me out here. Thank you in advance.<BR><BR>Anand

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: CreateObject Problem in ASP

Try this instead of using a DSN:<BR>REPLACE [INFORMATION] with the correct information. Remove the []<BR><BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:[DATABASEPATH][DATABASENAME.mdb]"<BR><BR>dim objconn, objrec, mysql, strStatus, Mytest, strLength<BR>set objconn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>obj Conn.open strConnect<BR><BR>mysql = "SELECT table.fieldname1, table.fieldname2 FROM table;"<BR><BR>set rstemp=objConn.execute(mysql)