CDONTS error...

Thread: CDONTS error...

Sumithra Guest

Default CDONTS error...

DIM myMail<BR> SET myMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR> myMail.From = "some address<BR> myMail.To = "someaddress<BR> myMail.Subject = "somesubject<BR><BR><BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR><BR>Invalid class string <BR><BR>can somebody help?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR>

Default RE: CDONTS error...

If your computer is running ADO 2.0 or later and it has not been upgraded from ADO version 1.5, registry entries needed by ADO 2.0 to handle this version check will be missing. <BR><BR>To work around this problem, you can fix the code that was previously generated by Rule Manger by finding the ADODB lines in the .prf file that have "1.5" appended to them and remove the "1.5." For example, change the line that reads "ADODB.Connection.1.5" to "ADODB.Connection." <BR><BR><BR>please visit the site :<BR>

GRUBBY Guest

Default RE: CDONTS error...

I just got passed this problem myself by copying the CDONTS.dll to /system32/ and running REGSVR32 CDONTS.dll<BR><BR>but am unfortunately stuck on a new problem which i just posted. I think it is because my SMTP isn&#039t configured so it might get you all the way trying it.<BR><BR>GOOD LUCK