Why doesn't Mailer.FromAddress="form submitte

Thread: Why doesn't Mailer.FromAddress="form submitte

Default Why doesn't Mailer.FromAddress="form submitte

FromAddress<BR>The email address that should be used as the sender of the message.<BR><BR>Example:<BR> Mailer.FromAddress = "sales@joeswidgets.com"<BR><BR>Shouldn&#039;t this be the email address of the person who filled out the form? When you receive the email, the "From:" area, in your email appplication, does not show who submitted the form.<BR><BR>Is there a way to alter Mailer.FromAddress = "sales@joeswidgets.com so that it retrieves the Form submitter&#039;s email address — from the "Email" field of the form — and places that in the "From:" area of the email message that is sent?<BR><BR>I am new to ASP scripting, so any help is very much appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Jono

Default Not sure what MAILER is...

...but I *suspect* that all you are after is<BR><BR> Mailer.FromAddress = Request("email")<BR><BR>If that&#039;s all you needed, then I&#039;d suggest a quick tour of how forms work with ASP. If you don&#039;t have a decent tutorial book to work from (and you should!), then you might look at the appropriate "lessons" (really just examples, but...) here:<BR> http://www.LearnASP.com/Learn<BR><BR>