Send 2 emails

Thread: Send 2 emails

Default Send 2 emails

I am trying to figure out a way I can send 2 automated emails at the same time. At this point I am trying to create an online help desk which will email myself and the admin a work order as well as a work order number etc to the tech guys (me and the admin); and a different email to the user that submitted it with different contents in it.<BR><BR>:EXAMPLE:<BR>===========<BR>code goes here -- blah blah blah<BR>to:;<BR>from: helpDesk Admin<BR>subject: SO and so has posted a work order. Work Order Number.<BR>body: Work oder number 999999 has been created by So and so and may be viewed here: <BR><BR>or something like that....<BR><BR><BR>SECOND EMAIL to be sent to USER<BR><BR>to: So and<BR>From: Help Desk admin<BR>Subject: You submitted work order number 999999<BR>Body: It can viewed here so you can keep ontop of whats being done.<BR><BR><BR>OK...I like to bypass the code and crap and cut to the chase to give you all an idea as to what I am trying to do. If you want code, I can paste it, but my main curiosity would be, After I create the first instance of the email (which works and has been working) when I rs.close and set my db= nothing, can I create a NEW instance of an email? Essentially duplicating the first email, just changing the contents as to what will be sent?<BR><BR>Confused? Me too...I am sick and trying to get this done all on meds. WOO HOO!!! No seriously...if any one can help without posting code, it would be great. Otherwise, I shall post code and go from there.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Ginzu3

Default Sure

I think you can do this easily. Are you using a mail component of some sort?<BR><BR>Why cant you simply:<BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("MailClass")<BR>objMail.To = To<BR>objMail.Body = strBody<BR>objMail.Send<BR><BR>&#039;Second Email Now:<BR>objMail.To = strAnotherRecipient<BR>objMail.Body = strSecondBody<BR>objMail.Send<BR><BR>&#039;Could also do:<BR>objMail = Nothing &#039; after tge first send<BR><BR>&#039;get ready for the 2nd send<BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("MailClass")<BR>objMail.To = To<BR>objMail.Body = strBody<BR>objMail.Send<BR>