Blank Spaces in fields

Thread: Blank Spaces in fields

Tom Martell Guest

Default Blank Spaces in fields

I&#039m trying to retreive data that has spaces in fields to allow editing everything works except the following <INPUT TYPE=text NAME=txtLabPOC SIZE=35 value=<%=objRS("LabPOC")%>> First part in point of contact i.e. Mr. of (Mr. Smith) is returned but not last name. My guess is that it&#039s quatoes but I&#039m stumped. Thanks for any help.

Default RE: Blank Spaces in fields

use double quotes:<BR><BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="txtLabPOC" SIZE="35" value="&#060;%=objRS("LabPOC")%&#062;"&#062;

Franco Guest

I don&#039t think Max got quite the right angle on it but as I&#039ve struggled with something similar this morning, I know what you mean.<BR>I&#039ve tried text boxes, JScript alerts and table cells and all I can get is the first part of the text field. Changing the text type to varchar, nvarchar, char and nchar have no effect. The only thing which seems to work is Response.Write objRs("fieldname") outside of any container.<BR>Please tell me I&#039m wrong someone.<BR>Franco

Ugh!! Guest

I&#039ve hit this problem before. Makes you swear, doesn&#039t it ?<BR><BR>Try this:<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE=text NAME=txtLabPOC SIZE=35 value="&#060;%=objRS("LabPOC")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><B R>I&#039ve started putting quotes around everything, so my code looks like this:<BR>&#060;INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="txtLabPOC" SIZE="35" value="&#060;%=objRS("LabPOC")%&#062;"&#062;<BR><B R>Might be a bit of an overkill, but I&#039ve found once I get into the practice of putting quotes I&#039ver never had that problem again.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>Ugh!! -<BR>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-<BR><BR>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Tom Martell Guest

Thanks to all. Works like a charm :)