IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db

Thread: IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db

Pelle Guest

Default IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db

Hi there!<BR>I have a problem with my ASP pages.<BR>The ASP pages work fine on a IIS4.0 with a Access97 DB. I can "add", "delete" or "view" data from the database. But when I test the pages on a IIS5.0 server, all the pages stop working after I have connected to the page that list all the data in the database. The error message I recive from the server-scriptdebugger is "Cant open, file already in use" or "Cant open unknown" and it alway point to my DSN connection. I have tried to convert the Access97 db to Access2000 format, and that doesn´t help. I have made the ASP page that lists all the data in the database with Access2000, the code is:<BR>&#060;!--#include virtual="ADOVBS.INC"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Session.timeout = 15<BR>If IsObject(Session("dvd_db_conn")) Then<BR> Set conn = Session("dvd_db_conn")<BR>Else<BR> Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> conn.open "dvd_db","",""<BR> Set Session("dvd_db_conn") = conn<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>If IsObject(Session("dvdtable_rs")) Then<BR> Set rs = Session("dvdtable_rs")<BR>Else<BR> sql = "SELECT * FROM [dvdtable]"<BR> Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> rs.Open "dvdtable", Conn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic<BR> If rs.eof Then<BR> rs.AddNew<BR> End If<BR> Set Session("dvdtable_rs") = rs<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR>Any ideas and suggestions would be very appriciated...<BR>Excuse my english...<BR>Thanx in advance, Pelle in Sweden... (pelle@spd.nu)

Christopher Peters Guest

Default RE: IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db (database already open e

I have the exact same problem. I think this requires some<BR>registry tinkering I&#039m not sure. If anyone has posted<BR>information on this I would appreciate it if you could<BR>point us to that posting. Thanks<BR><BR>-Chris

Pelle Andersson Guest

Default RE: IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db (database already open)

Please Christopher, mail me if you find the answer somewhere else. mailto:pelle@spd.nu or pelle.a@swipnet.se

yvo volders Guest

Default RE: IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db

Well,<BR>I have the same problem with IIS4, sometimes. I have a database which ik can use with success, unless sometimes the whole thing locks up. I can not delete the mdb, rename it or anything else. That&#039s why I thing a process somewhere locks the database at file level. Sometimes, when I stop and start the IIS service, the problem is gone. Sometimes I restart the whole server. In NT I can not see which process locks a file, as I used to do in Unix. Any tip how I can find out the processID of the little creep?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>mailto:yvo.volders@tou ring.be

chris P Guest

Default RE: IIS4.0 vs IIS5.0 & db AHA!

Ok so both of us probably feel stupid by now. Anyways<BR>if for some ungodly reason your still having problems try the<BR><BR>set connect = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>mdbFile Path = Server.Mappath("PATHTODATABASE.MDB")<BR>connect.Op en "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)} <BR>(same line) DBQ="&mdbFilePath&";"<BR><BR>method. works for basic stuff. Of course who wants to do<BR>it using the easy way haha. Ciao