EASY - Need help - trying to create a search

Thread: EASY - Need help - trying to create a search

Default EASY - Need help - trying to create a search

Hi, <BR><BR>I have written a script that pulls the term "jorges" from my database. I want to know how I have it pull "jorges" and "the brand" from the database only. Can someone advise? The script that pulls "jorges" is pasted below:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim rs_brand__MMColParam<BR>rs_brand__MMColParam = "jorges"<BR>If (Request("MM_EmptyValue") &#060;&#062; "") Then <BR> rs_brand__MMColParam = Request("MM_EmptyValue")<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>THANK YOU!!!!

Default Is this Macromedia code? ...

...If it is, I assume you don&#039;t really know much about ASP programming and accessing a database via ASP. Is that correct? If so, I strongly recommend you learn how to do that (get a good book, such as "Teach Yourself Active Server Pages 3.0 in 21 Days") and start programming your own ASP. Otherwise you&#039;ll soon run into more problems.<BR><BR>In any case, the code you posted doesn&#039;t show us how the script pulls "jorges" from the database. It only shows how it assigns "jorges" to a variable as a default value, then checks if something was passed form the previous page in MM_EmptyValue, and if it was, it overwrites the default value with whatever was passed.<BR><BR>But there&#039;s no database access whatsoever.<BR><BR>Oliver.