Login form

Thread: Login form

Default Login form

Hello,<BR><BR> I am learning asp.net and i have experience in asp. I am using VS.NET for <BR>developing dotNET pages.<BR>Its login form. I placed two asp:textbox s for userid and password. and one <BR>button(html server control) and one asp:label<BR><BR>How to vallidate whether the user has entered userid and password or not. If <BR>not display an error message in the label. And also placed a button(html <BR>server control) to redirect to my home page.<BR>I wrote the code response.redirect("default.htm")<BR>But its not redirecting. In the submit button also i wrote the code<BR><BR>private sub button2_serverClick(ByVal sender as System.object,ByVal e as <BR>System.EventArgs)<BR> if txtUID.value="" then<BR> errlbl.text="Enter User ID"<BR> end if<BR>end sub<BR><BR>Can u explain me how to do this. I tried with requiredfieldvalidator control <BR>also. If i click home button also its checking for errors and not performing <BR>actual action(redirect to home page).<BR><BR><BR>Thanx in advance<BR> <BR> <BR>

Default RE: Login form

"How to vallidate whether the user has entered userid and password or not".. Use RequiredFieldValidator