Continued with (late_nights_and_sore_eyes)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Continued with (late_nights_and_sore_eyes)

Default Continued with (late_nights_and_sore_eyes)

Did you try the last code i gave you?<BR><BR>Want to get this query working.<BR>I tried to login to your page again to take another look at what your wanting but there was an error so couldnt get to login page...<BR><BR>Anyways, did you get that code to work?<BR>

Default Russ...

You wont be able to check that page out at the moment, Ive changed hosts yesterday. Sorry!<BR><BR>I ran the code, with no errors, just no results.<BR><BR>John

Default Maybe

I should send you a copy of the DB?<BR><BR>John

Default RE: Maybe

If you can send me a copy of the database that would be better...<BR><BR>That way i see the data exactly then I can build the query without probs.<BR><BR>Send it to<BR>russell AT greenseekers DOT com<BR><BR>

Default will do

Russell, just ignore the data. Its all jibberish, pure nonsense!<BR><BR>Its amazing what you come up with at 3am <BR><BR>;-)<BR><BR>John

Default email sent mail!

Default Ahhh a bit more clear.

You have events<BR><BR>Each event may or may not have a record in the<BR>event_notes table...<BR><BR>Thats why you werent getting any records returned<BR>I did an inner join thinking there would be 1 event_notes record for each events record...<BR><BR>Ok on that page I gave you<BR>(where you got no records)<BR><BR>Just change the "query only", to the following<BR>(Change nothing else, just the query)<BR><BR>SQL = "SELECT TOP 10 events.ID, events.event_title, events.eventID, events.eventdate_masterSTART, events.registered, Sum(registrations.howmany) AS SumOfhowmany, event_notes.comments, events.notes FROM (events LEFT JOIN registrations ON events.ID = registrations.eventID) Left JOIN event_notes ON events.ID = event_notes.eventID GROUP BY events.ID, events.event_title, events.eventID, events.eventdate_masterSTART, events.registered, event_notes.comments, events.notes HAVING events.ID = 2330"<BR><BR>See what that does for you.

Default Yes I have results

Does it make more sense now that you can see the DB Russ?<BR><BR>The event notes table is a non mandatory table. As said, its just for additional notations if necessary.<BR><BR>Heres the results I got.<BR><BR>2330 Johns Locale Test 91361752886802730481 30/11/2004 9:00:00 AM 0 adsfsdfasdf <BR><BR>I assume you got the same at your end?<BR><BR>John

Default Im more familiar with this....

..way of doing it.<BR><BR>RS_Open<BR><BR>if RS.eof then<BR>response.write "No records found"<BR>else<BR>while not RS.eof<BR><BR> Response.Write "&#060;table border=&#039;1&#039;&#062;" <BR> Response.Write "&#060;tr&#062;" <BR> Response.Write "&#060;td&#062;" & RS("event_title") & " " & RS("ID") & "&#060;/td&#062;" <BR> Response.Write "&#060;/tr&#062;" <BR> Response.Write "&#060;/table&#062;" <BR>RS.movenext<BR>wend<BR>end if<BR><BR>But thats just me.<BR><BR>John

Default RE: Yes I have results

Yes I did.<BR>Which is a good start!<BR>(Progress) lol...<BR><BR>Ok, only thing confusing me now<BR>(here we go again) ROFL<BR><BR>The page where I viewed<BR>I clicked on link in calendar<BR>Then on next page I clicked on "Discuss this item" (or whatever it was)<BR><BR>Then on next page, I presume that is the page code Im to be working on right?<BR>And can be multiple discussions for that particular topic?<BR><BR>Am i on the right page?<BR>