Change default.asp

Thread: Change default.asp

Default Change default.asp

Hello People!<BR><BR>Having never coded in asp (all of my sites are hand coded html) I am not really sure what I am doing, but I hope you can answer my question.<BR><BR>Here goes:<BR><BR>I have just taken over the task of updating the website of a record shop as the person who designed it hadn&#039;t a clue about SEO, and so the site has very little traffic. What I would like to do is to change the index page from being an .asp page (called default.asp) to being a html page which you click "ENTER" and it takes you to the page that is the index at present. How do I do this? Can I just make an index.html page and put the "ENTER" link as default.asp? or is it more complex than this?<BR><BR>Any help is appreciated

Default You can do better than that, even... could use a META REFRESH tag that will take the person to the ASP page automatically after so many seconds.<BR><BR>But, yes, there&#039;s nothing at all magic about asp pages. They obey all the same rules as any HTML page. Use a hyperlink, a &#060;FORM&#062; with a SUBMIT button, a JavaScript timeout, whatever.<BR><BR>