.NET String

Thread: .NET String

Default .NET String

I would assume this is possible and probably easy, but I haven’t found an answer:<BR><BR>I have a memo field called Material in an access database. I am binding it to a datagrid. The problem I am having is that it is converted to a string through my binding and it only takes the first 255 characters. How do I get all of the data? Is there a datatype that will accept more than 255 characters? Can the string datatype be manipulated to accept more than 255 characters?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Jason

Default RE: .NET String

I don&#039;t have the answer, but I can suggest a way to maybe figure out where things are going wrong. Instantiate an ItemDataBound event for your datagrid:<BR><BR>Private Sub dgList_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridItemEventArgs) Handles dgList.ItemDataBound<BR><BR>Dim objDRV As DataRowView = e.Item.DataItem<BR><BR>end sub<BR><BR>and put a break point on the objDRV row. drag objDRV into the watch window and make sure its values are what you are expecting. Either only 255 characters are coming from the database, or the bound textbox is truncating it (maybe because it has a maxlength?).

Default Look at this:

http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=80<BR><BR>No guarantees, but it may be the same problem.<BR><BR>Try making sure that your SELECT query puts the memo field *last*. Don&#039;t use SELECT *, of course.<BR><BR>Or make sure you are using a DSN-less connection via the JET driver???<BR><BR>