long binary data

Thread: long binary data

Default long binary data

I saved a .mpp file (MS Projects) to a .mdb file (MS Access). I&#039;m using ASP to pull out the data from the .mdb file. The notes is .mpp is stored into RTF format when converted to .mdb file. I&#039;m trying to use this code convert the string:<BR><BR>results = StrCon(rbNotes("TASK_RTF_NOTES"), vbUnicode)<BR><BR>but I keep getting a type mismatch error. TASK_RTF_NOTES is a field in the MSP_TASKS table and all you see there is "Long binary data". How do I pull out this information?

Default RE: long binary data

You can convert it from blob to text like this:<BR><BR>Dim notes <BR>notes = objRS("tasknotes")<BR>Dim I, S<BR>For I = 1 To LenB(notes)<BR>S = S & Chr(AscB(MidB(notes, I, 1)))<BR>Next<BR>This basically converts it byte by byte. This will give you a string variable containing the rich text data. If you want to convert this to html you&#039;ll need an rtf to html conversion object. We used the code here to build an object that we use:<BR><BR>http://www2.bitstream.net/~bradyh/downloads/rtf2htmlrm.html<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR>