inline vs codebehind article

Thread: inline vs codebehind article

Default inline vs codebehind article

I am about to start a big project. I have used the inline method with asp quite extensively, i have been doing a little bit of work using the codebehind method and was prepared to use the codebehind method for this project. A while ago i read an article that said that microsoft are recommending or encouraging people to use the inline method, with there next version of<BR><BR>Now i cannot find that article, i dont know if it was on the microsoft site or not, but i have been searching for this article for days, all the articles that i have read, recommend codebehind.<BR><BR>Has anybody seen this article, do you know if it is true that microsoft recommends that you use inline codeing with there next release or do you have an opinion on inline vs codebehind<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Andrew

Default More for the ASP.NET Q & A

I think thats more suited for the ASP.NET Q&A personally.<BR><BR>I haven&#039;t heard anything about it myself and the 2.0 webcasts that Microsoft have been sending out have been using code behind so I don&#039;t know.<BR><BR>

Default I don't know...

That that&#039;s true. Certainly, I know that at least one of the members of the ASP.Net team personally *prefers* code-in-page, as opposed to code-behind files, but I&#039;ve never heard any of the team propose that one is better than the other. Quite the opposite, in fact. They say to use whichever you perfer. <BR><BR>Now what they *have* done, in V 2.0, is to greatly improve the Visual Studio support for code-in-page. It&#039;s now got full Intellisense, and it does background compilation, which was only available with code-behind in V 1.x and associated Visual Studio versions. <BR><BR>Personally, I&#039;m a fan of code-behind, and to this point, I&#039;ve continued to use code-behind with V 2.0. They&#039;ve improved it as well, with the introduction of partial classes, which allow the code-behind files to be more seamlessly integrated with the aspx content files. <BR><BR>I&#039;d say use whichever works better for you.