sorting database 's script

Thread: sorting database 's script

Default sorting database 's script

hi,<BR><BR>i would like to know if there are asp scripts that sort out the database by names when loading out the datas. Or if there isn&#039t,<BR>does that mean that i had to sort out the datas manually in the microsoft access?<BR><BR>thanks<BR><BR>karen

Default RE: sorting database 's script

Not sure what you mean here. There is a SQL command called ORDER BY which will arrange data pulled from a database in alphanumeric order. Is that what your after?<BR><BR>So if you wanted to see all the users on list sorted by name use<BR><BR>SELECT * <BR>FROM UserInfo<BR>ORDER BY Name<BR><BR>Hope thats some help.<BR><BR>Pete

thanks=)<BR><BR>that&#039s exactly what i want:)<BR><BR>karen

Oh I forgot you can also sort them in descending order as well as the default ascending order. To do use DESC at the end of the ORDER BY statement. So to show the wages of all the user, hight paid first use:<BR><BR>SELECT *<BR>FROM UserInfo<BR>ORDER BY Wage DESC <BR><BR>You don&#039t have to put anything on the end for Ascending order, its consided as the default, although you can if you want, replace DESC with ASC.<BR><BR>Pete