I want to use the CDONTS newmail component to send mails from my asp pages.<BR><BR>Happened to read the article at http://www.asptoday.com/articles/19990415.htm - <BR>I have at present PWS running on my NT 4.0 workstation. Then after seeing this article added Internet service manager to the settings. <BR><BR>To begin with I have a few questions - to use CDONTS is it necessary to have the SMTP service running from webserver?, will exchange or outlook not be okay?<BR><BR>Anyway I tried to configure the SMTP service as given in the article -<BR><BR>When I open my management console to configure SMTP service I cannot find the entry "Default SMTP service" under Internet Information Server under "my-host-name". <BR>What is going wrong in this?<BR><BR>When I ran my code using CDONTS I receive the foll. error -<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR><BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039CDONTS.NewMail&#039 <BR><BR>Does the above error indicate that CDONTS component is missing?<BR>How do I check this out?<BR><BR>Also how do I install, configure and check my SMTP service?<BR><BR>Pls. help<BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR><BR><BR>