Hi, <BR>I have a Datalist, within a datalist and within that a datagrid. Depending on values in my Database i create a Dataview that creates a rowfilter for creating dynamic Itemtemplates within the DataGrid. All is well, page loads perfectly, however on postback, all Itemtemplate columns and values within them disappear. <BR>So my question is how do i set and get, the different values within this one Itemtemplate column to the viewstate?, eg depending on the database value and the filter the control may be a radiobuttonlist, or a checklist or a freetext box. <BR><BR>I have done some research on LoadViewState, SaveViewstate, and creating the controls in INIT (No luck as i dont know correct syntax)<BR><BR>example:<BR><BR>dlGSS_ItemDataBound ......<BR><BR>Dim objtc As New TemplateColumn<BR> If Convert.ToString(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "ControlType")) = "RadioB" Then<BR> objtc.ItemTemplate = New myRadioBtListColumn<BR> ElseIf Convert.ToString(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "ControlType")) = "CheckB" Then<BR> objtc.ItemTemplate = New myCheckboxListColumn<BR> Else<BR> objtc.ItemTemplate = New myTextboxColumn<BR> End If<BR><BR>If dv.Count &#062; 0 Then<BR> If Convert.ToString(DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem, "ControlType")) = "RadioB" Then<BR> With dg<BR> .Columns.AddAt(4, objtc)<BR> .DataSource = dv<BR> .DataBind()<BR> End With<BR> Else