This is sort of a double question so bear with me. This also is kinda double edged, and not sure it should be posted here or another forum.<BR><BR>First Question:<BR>Im currently creating a search page, where a user selects one of a couple of radio buttons, and then inputs data into a text box. Based on this text box, the user gets processed by a processing asp page. If they have more than one record they get directed to a page which contains thier selections, and if they only have one, they go to a page which displays thier order.<BR><BR>I called my radio buttons "radiob" and my search box "search box" on my search page.<BR><BR>This is a first art of my process page:<BR><BR><BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE FILE="validate.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>set myConn=server.createobject("ADODB.connection")<BR> "thedatabase"<BR><BR>radiob = CINT(Request("Preference"))<BR>session("radiobs") = radiob<BR><BR>mylast= request.form("searchbox")<BR>session("searchboxy") = mylast<BR><BR>SELECT CASE radiob<BR><BR>CASE 1<BR>mySQL = "select customerID, lastname, COUNT(customerID) bob from Customer where lastName=&#039;"&mylast&"&#039; GROUP BY customerID, lastname"<BR>set myRS = myConn.execute(mySQL)<BR><BR>IF (myRS("bob") &#062; 1) THEN<BR>Response.Redirect("selectorders.asp")<BR>E ND IF<BR>IF (myRS("bob") &#060;= 1) THEN<BR>Response.Redirect("oneorder.asp")<BR>END IF<BR><BR><BR>Now here is where im stuck, im not sure how to transfer this to another page but am unsure how.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Second question (just when you thought i was finished) Im trying to validate data entry into the box. however the validation needs to be done in the process page. for this i included a validate.asp file (see exerpt above) in which i have multiple statements e.g.:<BR><BR><BR>Sub Check_Empty(fvalue,dname)<BR>If len(Trim(fvalue))=0 Then<BR>ErrCount=ErrCount+1<BR>AddErr(CStr(ErrCoun t) + ". " + dname + " cannot be blank")<BR>End If<BR>End Sub<BR><BR><BR>Then later in the same asp document has a show message where it just adds it to the top of the document. Now what im trying to do is first validate the data, and if the data is invalid returns the person back to the original search page with the errors in the title. If it is valid, then goes off and does its sql statements. for this i have tried:<BR><BR><BR>CASE 2<BR>Check_Empty mylast,"box is empty"<BR><BR>If Session("ErrMsg")&#060;&#062;"" Then<BR>Response.Redirect("search.asp")<BR>ShowErr or<BR>mylast= request.QueryString("searchbox")<BR>Session("ErrMs g")=""<BR>Else Response.Redirect("selectorders.asp")<BR>End If<BR><BR><BR>This is in the same process.asp page where i&#039;m just trying to get redirection going at the moment and worring about sql statements later, and at the moment is not working.<BR><BR>I&#039;d appreciate any help with either of these two enquiries, and apologise for the large post.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Wasi