When inquiry is received, then action of the form sends out email. It works fine on our development server. When we moved the code to client&#039;s server. I&#039;m getting error listed below.<BR><BR>Thing is I know how to make it work on development server, I do not have access to client&#039;s server and have no idea why I&#039;m getting error listed below. They may have firewall/security measures taken on mail and web server. <BR><BR><BR>CDO.Message.1 error &#039;80040213&#039; <BR><BR>The transport failed to connect to the server. <BR><BR><BR>any suggestion or idea will be greatly appreciated.<BR>Thanks in advance<BR><BR>My code:<BR>sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/" <BR> Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") <BR> With cdoConfig.Fields <BR> .Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 &#039; cdoSendUsingPort <BR> .Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "SMTP" &#039; actual SMTP has been specified<BR> .update <BR> End With <BR> Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message") <BR> With cdoMessage <BR> Set .Configuration = cdoConfig <BR> .From = "VALIDEMAILADDRESS"<BR> .To = "VALIDEMAILADDRESS"<BR> .Subject = subject & " - " & company & " - " & ctname<BR> .HTMLBody = message<BR> .Send <BR> End With <BR> Set cdoMessage = Nothing <BR> Set cdoConfig = Nothing<BR><BR>