Problems in forms

Thread: Problems in forms

Default Problems in forms

Hi,<BR><BR>I have two pages page1.asp and page2.asp<BR><BR>I am asking users from page1 to select a value from a drup doen box , and passing it to page through , and then i am storing it into a variable abc .<BR><BR>Now in the same page2 I have this code<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>abc=request.form("abc")<BR> %&#062;<BR> <BR>&#060;%=abc%&#062;<BR><BR>.Write "&#060;td class=&#039;month&#039; ALIGN=&#039;right&#039;&#062;&#060;a HREF=&#039;page2.asp?date=" & SubtractOneMonth(dDate) & "&#039;&#062;&lt;&lt;&#060;/a&#062;&#060;/td&#062;"<BR><BR>the problem I am having is that when I start from page1 it works fine and display the value from page1 on the start of page2 , but once I click the URL on page2 it works fine to display data of page2.asp but not show the value of abc variable which I want to be displayed until the page is closed………….please guide me how it can be done ? <BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>kimzzz <BR>

Default ABC is passed from... 1 to page 2 when the form on page 1 is posted. When you click a link on page 2 (which takes you back to page 2), then this ABC is no longer passed, because you&#039;re not posting a form.<BR><BR>What you can do to get around this is to pass ABC in the querystring in the link on page 2 and then change ABC=Request.Form() to ABC=Request().<BR><BR>Oliver.