Scott.. Need ur help..Passing data between frames.

Thread: Scott.. Need ur help..Passing data between frames.

nath Guest

Default Scott.. Need ur help..Passing data between frames.

I am having 3 frames. <BR><BR>left frame: the source for left frame is Left.html. this frame has buttons.<BR><BR>top frame: the source for top frame is top.html. this frame has a combo box where the user can choose from it.<BR><BR>right frame: the source for right frame is right.html. Depending the button pressed on left.html and the item choosen (from combo box) from top.html, I want to bring data from database and show on this frame. <BR><BR>How do I know which button the user has pressed on left.html and which item the user has chosen<BR>from top.html inorder to bring data.<BR><BR>could someone give me some ideas please?<BR><BR>Thank You<BR>Nath <BR><BR>

Min Guest

Default RE: Scott.. Need ur help..Passing data between fra

Assume you name your left, top and right frames as LeftFrame, TopFrame and RightFrame in your frameset. And assume your source page for the right frame is something like Right.asp.<BR> since you need to submit from both left and top frames to the source page in the right frame, you can have a hidden text field in your left frame whose value can be set with the selected value from the dropdown list in the top frame using a javascript function. For example,your source page in left frame should contain some coding like the following:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="javascript"&#062;<BR><BR> function getValueforSubmit(){<BR> DropDown[top.LeftFrame.myDropDown.selectedIndex].value;<BR> return true;<BR> }<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;form name="form1" method="post" action="Right.asp" target="RightFrame" onSubmit="return getValueforSubmit()"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="myHiddenValue"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="submit" value="Submit"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>Hope this will help.<BR>