Thread: ASP and MySQL

Default ASP and MySQL

My host does&#039;t offer MS SQL with my Windows plan but they offer MySQL. I am currently using MS Access, but would like a more powerful db. How would I connect to MySQL(do I just change the ADO?) and are there any issues that I should be aware of?<BR><BR>Cheers

Default You just need a new connection string

MySQL uses an ODBC driver called "MyODBC" You just need the connection string to use this driver, lots of great docs on mysql website. Here&#039;s a link to connection strings:<BR><BR><BR><BR>I&#039;ve not used this database a lot but I am working on a project with it at work. You&#039;ll need your own tools to access the db to add tables and whatnot. I found navicat to be quite good: You can also just create an odbc source on your machine and use access to manipulate the database. Read through the docs, tons of information. Also see what your host offers for info.<BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP and MySQL

I don&#039;t understand really why you would need a more powerful DB, Many people use Access and MySQL and never have any problems.<BR><BR>that said here is an invaluable site that will answer 90% of your questions<BR>