hello,<BR><BR>i am developing a web interface for a ms access database (as i&#039m sure many of you have) and i&#039ve run into an apparent limitation of ADO, perhaps someone can help. i&#039ve used column names that are abbreviations of the kind of data they hold. <BR><BR>for instance:<BR>SecHomTelNum for Second Home Telephone Number<BR>FavICFlv for Favorite Ice Cream Flavor<BR><BR>this was ok for a while, but now i&#039m adding form validation, and i&#039d like to avoid creating a unique error message for each required field. (the validatoin is set up using javascript so that form fields that are required have a "req=true" added into the form properties (e.g. &#060;input=text req=true size = 20 name=SomeFrmNm&#062;) the reason this works easily is because i have ASP functions create the form, and the javascript checks for (document.formname.elements[i].req == "true" ) to block form submission. ) <BR><BR>so when i alert the user that they need to fill in required fields, i need an extended field name in oder for the user to know which field to fill in. one way i thought this could be accomplished would be to add captions in MS access but i don&#039t know how to access these through ASP/ADO.<BR><BR>any help is greatly appreciated, either a way to read captions or an altogether different method to accomplish this<BR><BR>many thanks,<BR>daniel<BR>dlprager@students.wisc.edu <BR> <BR><BR><BR>p.s. i posted this in the database q&a also, i hope that&#039s allright