Permissions related issue (again!!!)

Thread: Permissions related issue (again!!!)

Default Permissions related issue (again!!!)

Hi,<BR><BR>Here&#039s a quick summary of my continuing problem. I want to be able to do on-line updates, deletes and changes to an Access Database running on a WinNT server. I&#039m using NT Workstation to develop it and early on I was having a problem where updates and other changes to the database were being rejected, saying "...must use an updateable query". Well, I changed the permissions for the directory that the database was in on my computer and everything worked fine. Now, when I transferred the same ASP code to the WinNT server running IIS, I get the "must use an updateable query" error again, even when the permissions have been set to Full Control for everyone. Does anyone have an idea of how to remedy this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>Dave

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Permissions related issue (again!!!)

The problem does not rest with permissions. I rest with the way you are creating your JOINS. If you are using an Access database, create the same query in Access and you will see the the query does not allow you to add anymore records to your query.<BR><BR>In the JOIN properties you must set the main table to Include all records and the connecting tables to show only those that are equal to the main table.<BR><BR>I hope that I have explained this clearly, if not, please feel free to contact me.<BR><BR>Respectfully,<BR>Jason<BR>webmaster@wnj .com