Prunes and Dates

Thread: Prunes and Dates

Default Prunes and Dates

HI guys,<BR>I just have a quick question regarding the storing of dates/times type data within an access db.<BR><BR>Currently I store my dates/times as such....within the one column.<BR><BR>10/05/2004 10:00:00 AM<BR><BR>It appears this is fine, however if the server&#039;s dates and locales have not been configured correctly upon the original install i get<BR><BR>05/10/2004 10:00:00 AM<BR><BR>Im in Australia by the way. <BR><BR>Is there a way of using another format? I want to hold the date and time within the one column if I can, otherwise I will have far too much code to rewrite.<BR><BR>Any thoughts?<BR><BR>John

Default ASPFAQs, category Dates and Times

Currently I store my dates/times as such<BR> No, you don&#039;t. Read the FAQ<BR><BR>if the server&#039;s dates and locales have not been configured correctly...i get<BR> 05/10/2004 10:00:00 AM<BR><BR>Depends on what kind of database you are using. See the FAQ.<BR><BR>Note that Access *ONLY* understands US format dates (mm/dd/yyyy) and ISO/ANSI format dates (yyyy-mm-dd). It does *NOT* allow you to use dd/mm/yyyy. This applies only to dates that are wrapped in #...# delimiters. All other dates are automatically in *internal* format, which is completely locale and culture neutral. Again, read the FAQ.<BR><BR><BR>