Dealing with mutliple versions

Thread: Dealing with mutliple versions

Default Dealing with mutliple versions

I am constantly creating web applications that are sold to a number of clients. Each client usually has a few changes in the application. IE. logo, buttons, a couple asp pages. I am finding that updating these multiple versions of "pretty much" the same site is a nightmare!! I am just wondering if anyone has come across a piece of software that would help me out. I've tryed CVS, but it seems to be more helpful in just versioning the software for archiving and rolling-back errors, rather then keeping separate files for separate client versions and at the same time updating the core application. Any ideas?

Default Why do you need software? It...

...should be a simple matter of making the core read in from settings files, or a simple matter of replacing one GIF/JPEG with another. Why do you have a different version of your code for each client? I think if you re-program is slightly, you only need to keep one copy of your code and then just have different sets of settings and image files for each client. That shouldn&#039;t be too hard.<BR><BR>Oliver.