Large file upload using ASP

Thread: Large file upload using ASP

Default Large file upload using ASP

Hi,<BR><BR>Our hosting server has limited HTTP file uploads to 2MB. I am looking for a solution where I can upload files more than 2MB. Any readymade solutions or through script. One sugegstion made by the server support was to upload the file in chunks - "Your options would be to look for an upload component that can upload specific sized "chunks" of data".<BR><BR>Please help.<BR><BR>Rgds<BR>Sheni<BR>

Default I don't think you'll find anything...

...that will do what you want. There *are* components out there that are smart enough to upload files in chunks, *BUT* they have to be installed on the Web server! And very very very few ISPs are going to allow you to install your own server-side components!<BR><BR>Oh, you probably *could* find an ActiveX control that could chop a file into chunks and then HTTP-upload them one chunk at a time. And maybe you could even use an ADODB Stream object to put the files back together [not sure you could, but if any *standard* object could do it, Stream could].<BR><BR>But now each person whom you want to be able to do this by-chunk upload is going to have to install that ActiveX control on his/her machine *AND* give the browser permission to use that control.<BR><BR>If you&#039;re going to go to that much trouble, why not just install and FTP control on the user&#039;s machine and have him/her use it? Now there&#039;s nothing special needed on the server, at all.<BR><BR>